We get it. We know what it’s like to be at church all day. We know what it’s like when your parents say you’re leaving but stay talking in the parking lot to the other church moms for 15 more minutes. We hope you enjoy our top 10 gifs to accurately describe your day at church.
1.When you finally choose the right outfit for church.
We all know what it can be like trying to choose the perfect outfit. But when you finally get it right, the feeling is great. It makes you want to do a little dance like Pooh… Except I don’t know about all that head turning around your body. We may need to hold a prayer service for that type of thing…
2. Pulling up to church and seeing your friends like:
Sunday might be the one time you get to just relax and hang out with your friends. Everyone gets busy during the week with school, work, and family. Sundays can be a great time to catch up and talk about your weeks!
3. When your friend does a solo during the worship and you are so proud.
You know that “proud mom” moment when someone you know is giving a testimony or leading worship & you break out your phone to record every second of it while you ask the person next to you to take pictures so you can post it on every social media platform to support your friend. Yeah, we get it.
4. When the Holy Spirit is hitting you with that revelation that you were trying to avoid.
This is the worst & best moment of church! Jesus be like, “You already know Billy isn’t good for you, girl.” And you be like, “But Jesus! … you ry, you ry.” We’ve been there before.
5. When your church friends are in front of you making plans to go out for lunch and don’t ask you.
I mean, I get it. We sometimes have meetings, small groups, or counseling with a pastor after church, but… COME ON! I want to go to In-N-Out, too!
6. When you come into church with a bad attitude but then someone compliments you.
You can feel when that church mom or super sweet acquaintance approaches you, it’s about to go down. They’ll compliment, encourage, and prophesy over you. Then all of a sudden you realize what happened before church really wasn’t that big of a deal.
7. When the band plays your favorite song during worship.
“OMG, OCEANS!” Don’t try to lie… you all know you love that song!
8. When the preacher asks the keyboard player to stay on the stage while he talks.
You already know he’s about to preach when this happens. Prepare yourself to be at church longer than you expected.
9. Or when the pastor gets up and says “I’m not gonna preach”.
Honestly, I still don’t know why preachers say this. We all know this actually means I’m going to preach because I’m really on fire about what God is showing me to speak to the church, so prepare to be here for 25 more minutes than usual. Which is fine with us! That’s when you know your life is about to be changed because God’s sparked something in your pastor. Even if it means 25 extra minutes of a grumbling stomach… Ha! 😉
10. That feeling you get when you go home after church knowing that you have a wonderful community around you & a God who loves you forever.
No matter what your church looks like, the style of music, or your location, you know that your church family is forever and loves you! This is the best part about being a part of a community of believers: genuine, real, honest fellowship. It’s great being united by the Love of a Savior and growing to know Him more and more each day. God is good!